COVID Policies & Protocols
WCDA is always appreciative to have such strong support from our families, and we take pride in the trust we have built together for 42 years. This year is no exception, and we strive to create a safe and welcoming environment for your children.
In order to provide a safe place for our dancers, their families, and our employees, WCDA is strictly adhering to all safety practices and protocols put forth by the State as they relate to COVID-19. WCDA has considered and created protocols for arrival and departure, increased our overall cleaning and sanitization of our facility, and implemented policies and procedures to accommodate COVID protocols. WCDA has invested in technology for each dance room, industrial grade cleaning equipment, and CDC recommended cleaning products and HEPA air filtration to provide a safe dance environment.
Read more about our COVID Policies and Procedures.
The WCDA offers 3 professional studios with Marley covered sprung floors, 2 bathroom facilities and 2 access doors – one for entry and one for exiting.
COVID Cleaning protocol
- All floors and surfaces will be disinfected daily with industrial grade equipment and CDC recommended products.
- Bathrooms and high touch areas (hand railings, door knobs, etc.) will be cleaned between each class.
- Dance rooms will be sanitized between each class with CDC recommended products.
- We have increased our overall cleaning and sanitization of our facilities and implemented policies and procedures included in our COVID-19 protocols
Drop Off & Pickup Procedure
PRESCHOOL & COMBO (ages 3-5)
Drop Off & Pick Up Companion
Preschool and Combo dancers may have 1 parent/guardian per family for drop-off and pick up purposes only to escort their dancer in and out of the facility. This companion must wear a face mask inside and outside the facility, maintain 6 ft. social distance from other parents and dancers, and sign in for tracking purposes. Companions are asked not to wait inside the building during class. Companions may not congregate inside or outside the facility.
TRI-COMBO (ages 6 1/2 ) AND UP
Drop Off & Pickup Procedure
Dancers only will be greeted and guided by WCDA staff for all Pickup and Drop Off. All dancers will and will enter through the pink door on the loading dock. For departure, WCDA staff will guide dancers to exit and wait for their parent to pick up at the Minuteman Printing main door (our backstairs). Enter and exit signs will be visible. See the Drop Off & Pickup map for details (coming soon).
Parents, guardians, visitors, siblings and guests for dancers in Tri-Combo and older are not permitted inside the facility. All non-dancers must wear a face covering outside of our facility while maintaining 6 ft. social distance during drop off and pick up. Non-dancers may not congregate in the parking lot.
Our Studio Office, Waiting Room, Dressing Room and Restrooms are closed to all parents, siblings, guests and visitors. All transactions will be contactless. If you need to contact our studio office, you must communicate via email. (While the phone is still an option, email is the quickest and easiest way to communicate about your account.)
Restrooms are for dancers and staff only. Individual bathrooms will be disinfected by our staff in between each class. Studios will be assigned to specific restrooms to help prevent cross contamination. Both restrooms will be supplied with antibacterial soap, and dancers will be required to wash hands thoroughly before returning to class.
WCDA is located at 20 Beharrell Street., West Concord, MA on the third floor, between the West Concord Post Office and the train station.
There is ample parking adjacent to our building and in the municipal parking lot located directly beside the WCDA. Please respect parking areas not available to WCDA.
Handbooks will be issued containing important details about our program. Keep these for reference throughout the season.
Each month an important newsletter will be emailed.
Virtual Make-Up classes are available, check with WCDA office for times and login info. Make-Up classes are not mandatory but must be redeemed within 30 days of absence. In-studio make-up lessons are not an option during COVID.
The dance calendar for students is similar to the public school schedule, with most holidays and school vacations off. Holiday closings will are posted on the Dance Calendar.
- WCDA has a safe and realistic approach to this year’s performance. As the season progresses, and state mandates and the status of COVID evolves, we will have more information about this year’s performance.
- MAY 2021 – The WCDA will consider the options available for May Performance dates and venue. May is our first hope to attain a venue. We will comply with all necessary requirements adhering to all COVID/state mandates.
- JUNE 2021 – As a second option/choice, if necessary, the WCDA will consider the options available for June Performance dates and venue. We will comply with all necessary requirements adhering to all COVID/state mandates.
- WCDA will keep you informed during our season!
WCDA is committed to finding the proper class placement for your dancer to grow and learn. If you have any questions on the proper class placement contact the studio office.
The WCDA welcomes transfer students and encourages dancers with extensive experience to contact the studio for a proper class placement. The directors and staff will help make this transition a smooth experience for the dancer and parent.